question

olliegbr avatar image
olliegbr asked

VRM with MPPT, DC-DC charger and battery temperature monitor data

I've just setup my LoRaWAN device to transmit the data from my Camper installation.

I've even installed a LoRaWAN gateway at home and added it to The Things Network.

I'm sharing Temperature and solar data on the internal VE.Smart network, (see attached pictures).

I've connected the LoRaWAN module to the BVM-712 and I can see 'some' data on my Dashboard.

However, I can only see basic battery information. No starter battery, (even though this is reported in the BVM-712), no battery temperature and no solar information is available on the dashboard.

I [perhaps] wrongly assumed that as the internal network allowed the Victron equipment to share data, this would also be shared by the BVM-712 to the LoRaWAN module??

Am I [hopefully] missing some setup parameters?

Thanks

Ollie

VE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Not all parameters are sent on the LoRa network.
There is a list of the parameters that will be sent depending upon which device is connected to the LoRa module:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vedirect_lorawan#details

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual