question

herver avatar image
herver asked

BMV700 behaviour

Hello

My BMV700 screen stay 'on' (backlight), and the values are scrolling alone. I can't stop it.

Any idea ? Thanks

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
herver avatar image
herver answered ·

Found the problem: the cable going from the circuit to the display is a bit long. When the electric box is closed, it applies a force on the RJ11 plug, and the contact of the ,down arrow, is always ON. Moving this cable solve temporary the problem.

Not so easy to find ...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks for posting the update and solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Menu setting number 50 allows you to choose backlight always on or goes off after 60 seconds. Set it to OFF so that backlight will go off after 60 seconds.

However, I think you are in the setting menu already. Text scrolls when you are in the settings menu and backlight also stays on.
There is a text in the bottom left of the screen that says settings, press setup once to go back to main screen, otherwise it should leave settings menu after a couple of minutes.

2 |3000

herver avatar image
herver answered ·

Hello

Thank you for answering. I m not in the setting menu, but in the visualisation menu. I cannot change anything, as the lines are always scrolling.

3 comments
2 |3000

herver avatar image herver commented ·

In fact, the behaviour is exactly as a + or - button was pushed

0 Likes 0 ·

Does this still occur after resetting the unit and making sure the buttons physically press in and release?

0 Likes 0 ·
herver avatar image herver Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi

Physically, the buttons seem to work, we can feel the pressing and the release. The problem could be electrical inside ...

About resetting, how can I do it without BT interface, and without buttons answering properly?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic