question

paulmarinas avatar image
paulmarinas asked

Quattro 48/10000 paralel connection ignores AC In limits

hello,

3 x Quattro 48/10000 paralel connection seems to be ignoring AC In limits, i have them set relatively low, 3Aand tested up to 30 A, the system completly ignores the setting and goes up to 8kw sometimes (not a spike). The same setup (settings and assistant) with a single Quattro works as expected.

thank you

P.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@paul.marinas@gmail.com

Sometimes other settings can alter the behaviour such as keep batteries charged - and the ac charger settings are at 50A.

0 Likes 0 ·
paulmarinas avatar image paulmarinas Alexandra ♦ commented ·

i agree but my test was done within minutes, basically the time it took me to switch from paralel to single. here is the graph with AC in which i think its suggestive, the strait line at 6kw is when ive switched to single phase, before that it was parallel:

0 Likes 0 ·
1601727408565.png (228.8 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ paulmarinas commented ·

Grid set point?

Also whatever you set as shore limit it doubles with two units, triples if it is three phase.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @paul.marinas@gmail.com

if a remote control device (DMC or GX device) is used, the input current limit is the total limit of all connected units per phase, when programmed per device it's the current limit per device.

Please note that the 10k units have a minimum input current limit of 10.5 A per device, so 3 units in parallel have a 31,5 A minimum current limit.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paulmarinas avatar image paulmarinas commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) what if we remove dmc/gx device ? can we limit the current bellow 10.5A per device? Im looking for a way to limit current to around 20 amps.

thank you

P.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ paulmarinas commented ·

@paul.marinas@gmail.com

Nope, but it's not all lost: you can set a lower current, and it will limit charging to not exceed that current. but the power assist level cannot be set lower.

There are tricks to go around this: disconnect AC input and run everything from the batteries when the loads are high, but that's not a supported thing.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/8933/example-of-using-assistants-partial-off-grid-boat.html

0 Likes 0 ·