question

vavaroutsos avatar image
vavaroutsos asked

Venus OS feature request - local firmware updates to attached devices

Can you add the ability for Venus devices to upgrade the firmware of attached devices? It is often difficult to reach connectors in compact electrical cabinets, and it would be so much easier to not even have to open the cabinet. Being able to update attached device firmware from the Venus remote console over wifi would be ideal.

Venus OSVenus GX - VGXvenus gx connected items
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi; yes this is coming; might take a while though before finished and available

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

irwinr avatar image irwinr commented ·

Is this feature not already in place? I have personally done firmware upgrades on my SmartSolar MPPT and BMV battery monitor from the VRM website (Using CCGX as the Venus device). I wasn't even physically in my RV.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ irwinr commented ·

If you and the system have internet; then indeed you can do it; via the vrm portal.

I understood above question as asking how to do that for a system that does have a Venus-device; but is not connected to internet. And then for devices that do not have their own bluetooth chip inside; since they can ofcourse already be updated wirelessly when close by.

We’re working on Venus-device <-> VictronConnect connectivity. Over wifi, bluetooth, and ethernet; and above is then one of the features thats on the roadmap.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic