question

maughidhoo avatar image
maughidhoo asked

Empty window of Victron Connect Appin Windows 10

After installing the Victron connect app on my Windows 10 PC, the window is empty and I cannot see anything in.

I reinstalled the app, still the same issue.

Any idea , help?

VictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ostrovni-elektrarny avatar image ostrovni-elektrarny commented ·

We have had the same problem at my workers notebook. Problem arises with specific graphic cards (this time integrated Intel) and possible error in drivers, which may incorrectly load fonts used in Victron Connect window. You can also have physical error in video memory that prevents from loading fonts. Change your graphic device driver for another, for ex. generic from Microsoft instead original from Intel. Ignore warnings of incompatibility that Windows may generate and try Victron Connect again.

1 Like 1 ·
5 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

which version did you install?

Could you maybe post a screenshot?

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maughidhoo avatar image
maughidhoo answered ·

HI Markus.

Thank you for the reply. It is both the most recent version of Windows 10 (following all updates) and the most recent download of Victronconnect. The PC is a fairly small one (pls see data below as well), however Victronconnect does not seem that resource hungry.

On my other PC it is running.

1548705427408.png (84.0 KiB)
1548705636562.png (35.5 KiB)
2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Servus @Maughidhoo,

Have you installed some Antivirus/Firewall/Security software on this computer?

If yes, try do completely disable it temporarily. Maybe this helps.

Or try to run the app as Administrator...

Grüsse,

Markus

2 |3000

maughidhoo avatar image
maughidhoo answered ·

I tried everything of the above and also had a new install of all drivers on .the computer, still the same result.

2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Thats odd! Windows Eventlog --> Application might give some more information...

Ultima Ratio would be, to use a fresh and clean installation of Windows...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic