question

onsdagsnicke avatar image
onsdagsnicke asked

Battery current different in Connect app and "System Battery Voltage and Current" on VRM site

Hi!

I have a EasySolar-II GX and when I look at the battery current in the connect app it is about twice the value in VRM "System - Battery Voltage and Current". Is this a bug or do I missunderstand something?

EasySolar All-in-One
1600675274111.png (32.4 KiB)
1600675351749.png (23.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

In your screenshot you are looking at the current that the MPPT charger is generating. Not all of this current will go to the battery, some of it will go to loads. Load would include the quiescent running of the inverter and the GX. Subtract the current going to the loads and then you are left with the actual battery current which is shown in VRM.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

onsdagsnicke avatar image onsdagsnicke commented ·

Thank you for your answer!

That makes me think about which value (mppt or acutal battery current) that is used to end absorption phase due to reaching the tail-current configured in the mppt/connect app ?

If the mppt value is used, which I think is the case, the absorption phase would be too long and risk battery to be overcharge. What am I missing here?

0 Likes 0 ·