question

dam avatar image
dam asked

Maximum power pass through possible on Multiplus II 32A?

what is the maximum power that can go through the "Critical Charges" in multiplus II?

I know that without the presence of the network I can only inject with the inverter 2400w.

Basically I wanted to know if it's possible to "load" the whole house (32A) into ACin

Explaining .... if you have contracted from network 32A of the network,

can I pass this entire chain through the multiplus II before entering the house distribution board?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The specific specification I think you are asking about is the AC input current limit, or AC transfer switch limit. This is available in the data sheets for each product.

For the current Multiplus-II, the AC input current limit/AC transfer switch limit is 32A. Though this is the LIMIT, so it is best to leave yourself some additional room in the design.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-MultiPlus-II-inverter-charger-EN.pdf

So yes, you can load the whole house through the AC-Out 1, and the grid will support it.

However why not use as intended, with the essential loads (fridge, lights, communications) on the AC-Out 1, and leave the big loads on the AC-Out 2. This will mean the inverter will not overload when the network is unavailable, but will support when it can.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dam avatar image dam commented ·

Would there be an advantage, at this level, in the previous multiplus of 3000 in the 50A version of transfer? and a multiplus 5000? or does this latter multiplus II have other advantages besides the disin?

In the event of a grid failure, could one way of increasing the number of essential loads in AC-1 be, for example, add a grid tie inverter I already have (fronius ig30) in AC-1 to increase the maximum 2400w of multiplus-II? To do this, I placed my meter imerssun next to AC-1 to divert the amount that might exist when the batteries are fully charged by the II

0 Likes 0 ·
markau avatar image markau commented ·

Hi Guy,

What is the maximum inverter output in Watts of the Multiplus-II for 1 minute (overload) assuming 24 degrees with fan-forced cooling? Note our mains will be connected and current limited to 10 A 230 V/AC. 2x LiHE 100 Ah will be connected with Lynx Ion 1000A BMS. No solar or generator will be connected.

Thanks Mark

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Mark,

Please ask in a new question. I am sure others would also be interested in finding that info.

0 Likes 0 ·
markau avatar image markau commented ·

Hi Guy,

Please see link to new question.

Thanks Mark

0 Likes 0 ·