question

pbilka avatar image
pbilka asked

ESS menu options changed?

Have the ESS menu options changed recently? I don't see the option to "feed in excess solar power", or the "fronius" options anymore. Seems like an abbreviated ESS menu now -- is that new, or is something wrong with my device? Firmware 2.6.

cerbo gx
ess-limited.png (23.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rainerb avatar image
rainerb answered ·

Hi, did you scroll downwards the menue completely?

There should be the new "Grid feed-in" item with the functions you are looking for...

Regards

Rainer

1600500485950.png (40.8 KiB)
1600500639199.png (39.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pbilka avatar image
pbilka answered ·

Yes, i did see that... that's what i was asking. It used to say "Feed in excess solar power" and now it says "AC-coupled PV - feed in excess" and "DC-coupled PV - feed in excess". Also, the "fronius" options are gone.

So which one should I select: AC, or DC coupled feed in?

Many thanks...

Peter

3 comments
2 |3000

Fronius is AC coupled PV.

Victron MPPT is DC coupled PV.

These features used to be exclusively for Fronius, but are now also available for other configurations, so needed to be updated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Javier San Juan Costillas avatar image Javier San Juan Costillas Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

So now does not communicate with Fronius via Modbus but via frequency??

Is it better solution??

What about the specific configurations inside Fronius, are not needed any longer?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Javier San Juan Costillas commented ·

The functionality has not changed.

The GX will still try to adjust AC PV power via frequency when the grid is not connected, and via modbus when the grid is connected (as it always did).

The improvement is now instead of only zero, or full export, you can also set other export limits in between (as well as zero and full).

0 Likes 0 ·
Javier San Juan Costillas avatar image
Javier San Juan Costillas answered ·

I am experiencing exactly the same.

How to get the Fronius zero feed settings now??

2 |3000