question

Jimmy Bergetun avatar image
Jimmy Bergetun asked

Use Realy 2 to start Diesel heater on Cerbo GX

I can seem to figure out how i setup the second relay on the Cerbo GX. I want to use it to start my diesel heater in my boat. Is that possible to have.a custom button in the Venus interface that can name diesel heater ?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Jimmy Bergetun,

For now, Relay 2 of the CerboGX needs to be manually opened or closed in the Relay menu.

Relay 1 has the possibility of more advanced conditional programming.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Gonenc Ozkul avatar image Gonenc Ozkul commented ·

Hi Guy,

Is the Relay 2 function still available only for manual operation ? When do you expect to have the Relay 2 to have more advanced conditional programming ?

0 Likes 0 ·
mito avatar image
mito answered ·

As I need same feature I checked my Cerbo GX Control Panel and the Relay 2 conditional programming is available in last firmware update.

2 |3000

logofreak avatar image
logofreak answered ·

With the recent updates and support for Ruuvi tag sensors could you comment again on this question? I'd like to do exactly what the OP asked. I have an older Espar D3L heater, the thermostat has just an on/off switch and a dial to control the thermostat. Seams to me that controlling the heater with the Cerbo should be doable.

2 |3000