question

Claus Roessel avatar image
Claus Roessel asked

VRM predefined email alarm-notification list, modify or dissable

Hello,
is there a technical reason why the e-mail notification for temperature alarms with the Lynx Shunt Ve.CAN is not allowed ( in the predefined list only for BMV-702)?
In my case a Lynx Shunt Ve.CAN should send me a message when the monitored temperature is to low. (Risk of frost in the engine room / boat).
The message ist received and displayed by the VRM-Portal, but e-mail notification is prohibited cause of the predefined list.

Each installation is quite individual and so some of the entries are often missing and others are useless for the specific installation.

So my wish, feature request for the VRM-portal would be:

The user can variable configure the predefined list for a (limited) number of entries.

Greetings from the island of Ruegen

Claus

vrm dashboard
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello Claus,

Have you read this section of the VRM documentation on configuring alarms?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:alarms

But perhaps I am not fully understanding your issue. Is the problem that you only want certain email addresses to receive certain alarms and not others?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Claus Roessel avatar image
Claus Roessel answered ·

@ Guy Stewart

forgiveness for my sins, who can read is clearly in advantage.

You´ve all understood correctly, I just didn´t see the button "Add Alarm".

With the large number of different systems have to look after in customer service, one sometimes overlook a detail ...next customer is already waiting.

However, a special notification of individual e-mail recipients for certain alarms would be really interesting for me, which could slightly reduce the background noise in my mailbox.

... and some other items to.

But let me read first ... :-)

Apologies again, 100 points to you for best service and

Greatings from the Island Ruegen,

Claus

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Add the users email addresses and choose their access level on the Users page here:

Then you can choose which users will receive email alerts on the Alarms page here:

users.jpg (63.2 KiB)
alarm-rules.jpg (91.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic