question

offshore avatar image
offshore asked

Victron Deep Cycle 12V/200Ah max number in parallel

Hello,

I often use the Victron Deep Cycle AGM 12V 200Ah battery (telecom style batterie BAT412181164) in a 24V battery bank, consisting of 14 batteries. So 2 Batteries in Series, 7 in parallel. I have no problems with it, works since years perfect.

Now I was told that the maximum number of batteries in parallel is 5. Is this is that true and is there a reason for it? There is nothing written on the Victron product page. There is only the brochure to download, but no manual for this battery.

I am a little concerned because I have planned systems with 10 batteries in parallel for the future.

Best regards and thanks for the help.

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingAGM Battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

As a matter of interest, can you share what applications you have where lead still makes more sense than lithium?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is a limit of 5 in parallel for the Smart Lithium batteries from Victron. I don't know any limits for the lead/AGM/Gel batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offshore avatar image
offshore answered ·

Thanks for the answer Matthias,

If you ask german victron employees, they don't know a maximum, but in southern Europe everyone speaks about the maximum of 5 batteries in parallel.

I hope they confuse it with the LiFePO4 batteries like you said.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic