question

Ingo avatar image
Ingo asked

VE.Bus Smart Bluetooth Temperature overrides Venus GX Temperature

Yesterday I added the VE.Bus Smart Bluetooth dongle to my Quattro and noticed that the temperature from the dongle overrides the already connected Venus GX with Temperature probe.

My setup is Quattro/Venus and BMV. I have two temperature sensors, one connected to the Quattro and one to the Venus (don't ask).

Anyway, when I plug in the VE.Bus Smart dongle it seems to override all others but the documentation doesn't state in so many words that it will or won't do that, it only talks about voltage sensing.

Can anyone explain how I can ignore the Smart Dongle's temperature sensing as the device is NOT attached to a battery case?

Edit: The following is NOT happening in this case.

Temperature SensorVE.Bus Smart Dongle
1599721131855.png (52.8 KiB)
1599729464535.png (14.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

As already discussed off-forum: You need to turn on DVCC, then enable STS (on by default), and then you need to explicitly select the temperature sensor you want to use.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

And for everyone else's benefit, also run VenusGX firmware 2.60.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic