question

greg-walton avatar image
greg-walton asked

Multiplus II shutting off grid power.

Hi, we have strange issue. We have installed many Multiplus II's but never experienced this. The multi is AC output1 is connected to a backup circuit via a changeover switch. The AC1 input is connected to a breaker on the main board. What is happening every now and then is the AC main board is shutting down for a few minutes. This turns off all appliances which are not on the backup circuit. It must be an issue with the inverter because when we turn the inverter off, this doesn't happen. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

Thanks,

Greg

Multiplus-IIGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ispookie666 avatar image
ispookie666 answered ·

I hope you find an answer to this.

I'm in the UK - I never had an RCD tripping problem till I got the Multiplus installed. At times it was reproducible, now just random. I even changed the Multiplus 48V/1200VA to a Multiplus II 48/3000VA - the same problem persists. When I take the multiplus offline, I have no problems at all. Even without any load on AC out1, the multi has tripped the RCD twice. In short, its a brilliant piece of kit, but is a big doorstop at the moment!!!

I have looked at the equipments supplied by AC Out 1 - and have found no fault yet.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solardude avatar image
solardude answered ·

You might try lowering the shore power input limit

2 |3000

richardviljoen avatar image
richardviljoen answered ·

Greg, if you have a prepaid meter that isolates with reverse flow for a few minutes, this may explain what you are seeing. My multi's push back onto the main board periodically and then trip out the grid meter.

2 |3000