question

hjint avatar image
hjint asked

Victron MPPT connected to ICC Software communication problem

Good day

I am running ICC Monitoring Software on a Raspberry Pi, monitoring an Axpert Inverter, Victron SmartShunt via a VE Direct to USB cable. These monitoring works like clock work.

Yesterday evening, I have linked up a Victron Smart Solar MPPT 150/60 to my system and connected it up via a VE Direct to USB cable also to the Raspberry.

On ICC "Victron MPPT" is on, "Add Victron MPPT PV to Total PV" is On, "Use external Victron Battery Monitor" is On.

After restarting the Raspberry, ICC picked up the MPPT, showing the model, serial number, firmware version and battery voltage in the Victron MPPT tab. The battery data from the SmartShunt update correctly and around every second.

However it was dark and no PV data was shown. After the panels started to produce power today, I noticed that the ICC PV info updated very slowly and does not correspond with info shown on VictronConnect. The ICC Battery Voltage and MPPT Voltage update around +/- every 60 seconds incorrectly and the other values update like once or twice in the hour.

First, I thought the VE USB cable was faulty, swop the cables around between the SmartShunt and the MPPT and still no luck with the data feed from the MPPT to ICC. The SmartShunt updates correctly with any of the two cables.

On the MPPT, the TX port is set for Normal Communication and the RX Port is set for Remote On/Off, Smart Networking is enable between the MPPT and the SmartShunt.

Have spoken to ICC and he said that they have other clients with a same setup and on their systems both the MPPT and Battery values update fast and correctly and don't know what should the setting on the MPPT be.

Can someone assist me to get the MPPT data feed correctly?

MPPT SmartSolarRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hjint avatar image
hjint answered ·

Problem seems to be resolved with a software update

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.