question

ian-price avatar image
ian-price asked

MPPT 75/50 LED's

Bulk, absorption and float led's sometimes flash simultaneously. (About 2 flashes per second)

This has happened after we have had new panels.

The voltatage from the panels is within limits and it happens even when no load is connected to the charger.

I have searched the internet, but cannot find any answers.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ray-mont avatar image
ray-mont answered ·

@Ian-Price if you download the Apple or Android app “victron toolkit”

you can see what it means

greetings from Amsterdam

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ian-price avatar image
ian-price answered ·

I got that, but the 75/50 doesn't seem to be listed.

1 comment
2 |3000

ray-mont avatar image ray-mont commented ·

@Ian-Price correct me if I am wrong

your mppt 75/50 is a 3led one?

I see in the app mentioning

any error / bluetooth Indentification / rotary switch in position 0

then Press the orange bar to see the explanation

Any error

On the earlier models 75/50, 150/35, 100/30 and 100/50 that are only powered from the PV side, this pattern may occur when the sun is very weak, typically at dusk or dawn.

On firmware versions 1.13 and lower this indicates an error condition. Further information is only available when connecting a Color Control or by using the VictronConnect app.

Bluetooth identification

All 3 leds blink several times as soon as a bluetooth connection is established to the charger. This helps identifying the correct charger in larger installations.

Rotary switch position 0

This LED combination will briefly blink when you change the position of the rotary switch. It is to make selecting the right position easier: the markings on the housing may be difficult to read under low-light conditions.

The rotary switch position corresponds with a pre-defined battery charge algorithm.

Suggested battery types:
- Gel Victron long life (OPzV)
- Gel Exide A600 (OPzV)
- Gel MK

0 Likes 0 ·
ian-price avatar image
ian-price answered ·

Thank you for your help. Its not a blue tooth version its about 6 years old. Do you know how I can discover the firmware version?

2 |3000

ray-mont avatar image
ray-mont answered ·

@Ian-Price

sorry but I have never had this mppt controler in my hands.

The last mppt controller had mention on the serial label the hardware version(hw rev 01) and firmware (v1.45)

But if your controller has the ve-direct connector on it

I presume you should be able to use the “ve-direct to usb” or the ” ve-direct bluetooth dongle” to check that.

ray

2 |3000