question

meshugga avatar image
meshugga asked

Smart Shunt display options

Looking to buy a SmartShunt

I have a CCGX that I will connect to the SmartShunt via VE Direct cable. The write-up on the SmartShunt says "The SmartShunt connects via Bluetooth to the VictronConnect App .... Alternatively, GX Connection is made via a VE.Direct cable.

Its the word "alternatively" that worries me. If I connect via VE Direct, does that mean the bluetooth / VictronConnect App will not work?

Thanks

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Meshugga, nope, you can have the unit connected via VE.Direct and still call it up over BT through VictronConnect (just like a BMV-712, for that matter)!

It is an alternative method of viewing the device data, but not a mutually exclusive one :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

meshugga avatar image
meshugga answered ·

Hi Justin

Understood. Perfect, thank you

2 |3000

meshugga avatar image
meshugga answered ·

Hi Justin

Just tried to buy the 500A model from your store online, but you're out of stock (sad face)

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@Meshugga, I know, I'm as sad about it as you! We're hoping to have them back in stock soon, but I'm not holding my breath - all shipments everywhere are taking longer than usual these days :/

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic