question

hasan-mansoor avatar image
hasan-mansoor asked

Max mppt feed in back to non essential loads parallel to AC in

Hi. I'm looking to setup the solar part of my installation, with ESS and Zero feed in to the grid(due to regulation). I want to be able to have the batteries charged to full, then loads on my AC1 to be covered and finally excess PV power to be fed to AC input parallel loads. I currently have a 48/3000/35-50 230v, with 105AH battery bank.

Is there a limit to how much solar i can install for the parallel loads?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Hasan Mansoor

The only limit is how much each charge controller you add to the system can take. You can have many mppts all connected to the GX device for power management.

The GX you have chosen will limit which type of mppt you choose.

I have a 3kva installed with 3 mppts on it with more than 6000watts of solar. The only thing really that needs to be managed by the user is the loads as the 3000 is 2400w max load at rated temperature

I do have a question for you. What do you mean by parellel loads? Are these loads coming out of the ac2? This too can be managed by assistant programming switching them on and off at battery percentage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hasan-mansoor avatar image
hasan-mansoor answered ·

By parallel load I ment my non essential loads before/outside of my inverter.

I was told not to use AC2 if I want to run the system as grid tied.

As an example: with the 3kva unit... If I have 10kw panel and a load of 2kw on AC1, will the remaining 8kw feed back to "grid" or will it limit to the balance of 0.4kw. This is after 100% battery charge.

1 comment
2 |3000

H.W.Oelofse avatar image H.W.Oelofse commented ·

@Hasan Mansoor greetings! Your system will be capable of feeding back to the grid what ever 'extra' capacity it has left up to the 3kva rating of the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·