question

michelg avatar image

Cerbo GX Relay DC Voltage and Amp rating.

Hi everybody,

I need to be able to switch Off / On a small PC running on an ORION 24 / 12VDC 5A. The PC itself uses around 15W.

Is it possible ? And is it better to connect the ORION 24VDC side to the relay or the 12VDC side ? Thanks for your help.

BTW, it will be great to get the precise specs for the relays, as nothing is available in the manual.

cerbo gx
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all,

I added the specs to the Cerbo GX datasheet just now.

thank you for pointing out it was missing!

And, just FYI, in these ratings its more than the relay that matters. Also the connector, and distances between tracks on the PCB, etc.

1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi

I just realised that we have the exact same question for the Color Control GX, and the datasheet linked missed the info there, too. Any chance it can be added?

thanks, fabio

michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Thanks for the reply, but I do need the correct specifications, just to avoid adding cables and hardware in my installation.

I have been reviewing the "forum", and Victron seems not to have provided the details. BTW, do you already installed such "cube" relays and do you have a recommendable model ? I am in Spain.

Thanks, Michel.

ur12vman avatar image
ur12vman answered ·

Those onboard relays are generally 1 amp, enough to switch a typical ice cube (automotive) relay. I wouldn't run the orion power through it.