question

christian-bell avatar image
christian-bell asked

Battery Protect control inputs not working as expected

Hi,

I have a BP-65. I can enable it with switch to battery positive and control pin as per datasheet, or by the looped wire across both control pins. It doesn't seem to enable with a wire to ground on the other pin only. Is this normal? I am using the A mode.

In the short term I've had to leave the looped wire in place and let my bms switch the main ground of the unit but this isn't ideal as after the ground is disconnected it throws a short circuit error, then under voltage errors until it finally shuts down.

What difference does the lithium setting C make to the enable wires, or does it only affect the connect and disconnect time?

What about the low voltage cutoff/reconnect voltages I've set in the first step of programming, is this active or inactive in mode C?

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Switch to battery+ and H terminal is supposed to enable the BP. It does this on my unit.
Switch to battery - and L terminal is supposed to enable the BP. It does this on my unit.

Lithium setting mode C introduces a turn on delay of 30 seconds.

In mode C, cutoff Voltage is 10V (20V) and reconnect 13V (26V).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

christian-bell avatar image christian-bell commented ·

thanks for the reply.

Both of my units turns on with battery voltage to the pin shown in the diagram. Definately doesn't turn on with battery negative to the other pin. Maybe this has changed on the newer units?

0 Likes 0 ·