question

pappag avatar image
pappag asked

Firmware update Mppt 250/100 TR

I have read that one should not hassle with a stable system, mine is running smooth as silk for the last 8 months since installation, lately I see that the MPPT 250/100 shows a firmware upgrade is available. Not sure If I should apply this upgrade or not seeing that my system is so stable. The current version is 1.49 the upgrade is 1.50. Any advise will be appreciated

Thanks

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

I updated my 250/100Tr last month without issue, but I totally understand not trying to fix something that isn’t broken!

I’m not sure what was addressed in the update. Perhaps your dealer can get that information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

v1.50 – 13 May 2020

Released for all HW versions.

Bug-fix:

• Change fast overvoltage protection threshold back to what it was before v1.47, on all non 250V models, due to possibility of mis-triggering on some systems (normally 12V, small battery and noisy load). The fast overvoltage protection threshold was changed, on v1.47, mainly for the units that have the new PV Short Protection strategy (250V models).

v1.49 – 16 April 2020

Released for all HW versions.

Bug-fix:

• Fix issue that caused the charger to not go into synchronised charging over BLE when DVCC+Charge current limit is enabled on the GX Device that is connected to the charger.

Known issues:

• In 12V battery systems that battery voltage tends to oscillate more (small batteries, thin cables, noisy loads, etc), there is a small chance that the fast overvoltage protection kick in when not supposed to. A smaller fast overvoltage threshold was introduced on v1.47, caused the protection to be more trigger happy. The intention of the smaller threshold was to reduce the possible overshoot when disconnecting the battery. This is a concern on the 250V chargers that have the improved PV Short Protection.

2 |3000