question

Markus Dahlberg avatar image
Markus Dahlberg asked

Dual IP22 30A (3) charging 72 (6x12) V pack

Hi!

I bought an old electrical vehicle (FAAM Jolly 600, looks like a luggage truck on a airport)

Right now there is 6 12 V car batteries in series powering it. The original charger is old and stupid and feeds the (bad) batteries to high of a current.

I would like to see if I can charge the batteries in a more gentle way with 2 IP22 30A (3) connected.

The chargers will be permanently connected and built in to the vehicle, so the series connection between the 6 12 Vs will remain.

From what I read the terminals is galvanic isolated so that would not be a problem?

This way I would get individual statistics of each battery from the app and be able to replace one battery if it’s worse than any of the other.

yes yes I know I should buy traction batteries but they are very costly and then I will not be able to play around with these fun chargers.

Thanks, please write if I should elaborate on something.

/Markus , Sweden

battery chargingip22
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Markus Dahlberg avatar image Markus Dahlberg commented ·

After watching an unboxing video I saw that the 3 output version has a common negative, which makes my plan of charging batteries connected in series with one charger impossible...

6 chargers maybe? ;) all tips are welcome

0 Likes 0 ·
Markus Dahlberg avatar image Markus Dahlberg Markus Dahlberg commented ·

Phoenix Smart IP43 24V (3)?

It has separated outputs..

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Are you sure the batteries are connected in series?
That would make over 72V.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual