question

paulus avatar image
paulus asked

Easysolar 24V/1600 doesn't use solar energy while charging battery

Hallo all!

I've just installed this equipment with 3x2PV (230Watt each) and a couple of 12V-90AH

Victron Gel battery.

My aim is to use it in hybrid mode: Battery, Sun, 220V energy grid.

When the sun shines i see the mppt charge controller delivering energy to my battery and my load, with the energy grid disconnected.

But, if the solar energy is not enough to sustein my load, i assist to a rapid fall in battery charge

and than, during the charger intervention the residual solar power is fully unused.

Is it the correct behaviour?

Did i miss somenthing?

Bye,

John.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

I can’t say for certain on the EasySolar, but this is the normal behavior on a Multiplus when set to AC Ignore function. When voltage falls to your set point, a relay opens to provide grid power until the alarm state that caused the switchover is released by the attaining of a unalarm set point, at which time the relay will open and battery/solar powering resumes. This is referred to as “solar priority.” During the time grid power is enabled, it is assumed the battery bank is not in a fit state to power loads and all AC loads are fed by pass-through.

My guess is that it is the same for your system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.