question

largojoe avatar image
largojoe asked

Cerbo GX and Garmin 8617 via Garmin GMS 10

My Garmin 8617 GPS system has several Garmin GMS 10 network switches connecting my network of Garmin equipment.

If my system is booted up and running, when I plug the VE network cable from the Cerbo GX into the network everything works, however, if I boot the Garmin system with the VE Bus cable plugged in, then the chartplotter enters recovery mode and the message “Recovery Loader Ready” is shown after the Garmin flash screen and the device must me powered down and the VE Bus cable unplugged before it will boot normally....once booted up the cable can be plugged in and everything will work.

Any suggestions?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

Just to be sure that you connected to the LAN port of the Cerbo GX, if you connected the Garmin Marine LAN to one of the other ports strange things can happen... Physically all RJ45 match but other signals are on these ports.

1597599868412.png (27.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

largojoe avatar image largojoe commented ·

Yep connected to the lan port. Updated to all the latest software/firmware

Works fine if I boot the Garmin system before I plug in

0 Likes 0 ·
Doron Azulay avatar image
Doron Azulay answered ·

Did you get this to work?

Having the exact same issue with 8410 and cerbo gx

2 |3000