question

jwalker19 avatar image
jwalker19 asked

VictronConnect says MPPT is connected to another device?

Hi!

I have a VictronConnect MPPT 100/30 charger which has been great. I’ve been using the app without problems until a week ago when I started to experience an error saying that I could not connect to the charger because the charger was connected to another device. There are no other Bluetooth devices on the boat (I’ve searched high and low) so the result is that the charger is “grayed out” and I can’t monitor performance or go in to try and reset the PIN code or anything. Any ideas on how to connect to the charger with the app or to reset the Bluetooth on the charger itself?

Thanks for any help!

VictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Try a power cycle, disconnect all wires (PV first), wait a moment and reconnect (battery first).

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jwalker19 avatar image jwalker19 commented ·

That did the trick! Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Haus avatar image Thomas Haus commented ·

Hello Matthias, is there no other way? I have the same problem but for me it is very dificult to disconnect the cables because i have to remove furniture to be able to do that. My dealer installed it in a not so good area with only a few space for a screwdriver.

Thanks for our help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Try to activate the flight-mode of your phone for a while.

2 comments
2 |3000

jwalker19 avatar image jwalker19 commented ·

Thanks for responding Matthias. I have tried that several times and even downloaded the app on my wife’s phone to try to connect to the charger using it (thought maybe my phone was the problem) but my wife’s phone has the same error appear. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
biffsbiz avatar image biffsbiz jwalker19 commented ·

Jwalker19: Did you disconnect the charge controller from the batteries and wait a little while before reconnecting them? That would seem to power off the Bluetooth in the charge controller and then turn it back on. It shouldn't have a connection until someone connects their phone/tablet/laptop to it.

I am having the same problem, but I haven't gone through the trouble of disconnecting the charge controller from power, yet.

0 Likes 0 ·