question

nickdb avatar image
nickdb asked

Ess using grid not mppt power

I have a system that is pulling half the available PV for AC loads and is preferring to use grid when in either optimised modes.

Batteries are charged, no limits hit.

If i change to keep batteries charged then all the power needed for ac loads comes from PV.

Swapping between modes shows the change consistently.

Multiplus-IIMPPT ControllersESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The ESS inverter limit was set which doesn’t just limit the battery discharge power but also how much PV will be used for AC loads during the scheduled charge window.

These two limits really should be separate, will log a feature request.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Deon avatar image
Deon answered ·

Has this been resolved?

I get a similar problem on EASYSOLAR 48/5000 with ESS
Latest firmware an all items as of today

2 |3000

Ibraheem H avatar image
Ibraheem H answered ·

As I understand it the DVCC DCL discharge current limit is the current limit from the battery which is separate to the inverter power limit which is separate to the overall current on AC limit on the control panel.

2 |3000