question

karlheinzhaller avatar image
karlheinzhaller asked

What are the correct settings for an Off-Grid Victron Quattro 24/8000 & SMA SB5000TL-21 System

Can somebody advise the correct settings in the PV Inverter Support Assistant to control the output of the SB5000. The SB5000 ramps down to early and the batteries do not get enough charge.

Batteries: GEL 2x12V 250Ah in series and 3 sets in parallel.

SB5000TL-21 setting is Islanding 50Hz

Quattro Charger setting is: Absorption 28.8V; Float 27.6V. Max Charge amp are 75A.

The Quattro PV Inverter support setup is in default setting right now:

State

50Hz

Start

Hz

Minimum

Hz

Disconnect

Hz

I contacted SMA. Their response is as follows:

Our island mode 50Hz is default to operate in between 51-52Hz for P(f): 100%-0%.

In this case you may want to change the frequency settings on the Victron to match our island mode frequency range.

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
philmay avatar image
philmay answered ·

Hi , sorry but I can't help you with an answer but I am getting the opposite.

I have a Multiplus AC coupled to an SB5000TL-20 that is going over voltage and locking the Multiplus at 52Hz. This then shuts down the SB and next thing you know the batteries have discharged.

I am going to drop the absorb voltage by a couple of volts and see what happens.

I have been told/read by a few people that this will get rid of chargeing spikes that are causing the problem

Did you ever get to the bottom of it? You might have to increase your absorb voltage perhaps?

Cheers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources