question

wissel avatar image
wissel asked

Cerbo GX with GasIt and Votronic Tank Senders?

Hey. Does anyone know if the Cerbo GX is compatible with the following tank sensors?
Votronic 12-24 K (waste water), Votronic 30-110 K-FL (fresh water), GasIt tank sender (LPG)
The Votronic sensors are capacitive (like most motorhome water sensors)
Thanks.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Like the Venus GX, Cerbo GX tank inputs are designed to work with resistive senders in the range of approximately 0 to 200 ohms. Internally, the inputs are pulled to +5 volts with a 680 ohm resistor.

The Votronic sensors appear to output a voltage that's proportional to the fluid level and it's maximum level of 2.2 volts may be higher than the GX tank input can accept. Also, 680 ohms is a fairly stiff pull-up so the voltage output of the sender may be pulled out of the normal range depending on it's design.

So the answer is maybe.

The GX tank inputs are currently configurable to two ranges to support European and US senders. While the GasIt LPG sender appears to be resistive, the resistance varies between 0 and 95 ohms which doesn't match either the US or European resistance ranges. Venus OS 2.60 currently in beta test has adjustments to accommodate other ranges. I don't know what the range of adjustment is however. Current documentation does not specify adjustment range. So again ... maybe.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

borki avatar image
borki answered ·

Hi

Does anyone have the Cerbo GX with the Votronic tank transmitters

tested, because I'm also looking for a cheap solution.

greetings

2 |3000

itsme avatar image
itsme answered ·

Simple answer today: Yes.

You need the new Victron "GX Tank 140" and latest firmware above 2.70

1 comment
2 |3000

avaruuslehmipoika avatar image avaruuslehmipoika commented ·
Well, this is not exactly the "cheap solution" that people were looking for, but would work for sure.
0 Likes 0 ·
jhg65 avatar image
jhg65 answered ·

Is there anything which must be configured on the Cerbo to make the Votronic Sensors work?
And yes, that's for sure not a cheap solution but one who can be extended. And this makes for me more sense compared to sensors like SuperSense. Which are extremely expensive.

1 comment
2 |3000

itsme avatar image itsme commented ·

Three things are important:

- the capacity of the tank
- the sensor value when empty (normally 0.0V)
- the senor value whenn full. To get this value, fill up the tank to 100% and read the value in the section "Sensor value"

Here are my settings for "FreshWater":

1695702541196.png

1695702582748.png

Hope that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
1695702541196.png (40.6 KiB)
1695702582748.png (34.5 KiB)
jhg65 avatar image
jhg65 answered ·

Great. Thanks a lot.

Will come back, if there is any additional question.

2 comments
2 |3000

itsme avatar image itsme commented ·
You're welcome.

Hope you read my post before... you need the "GX Tank 140" device to use the Votronic Sensor, because it measures by voltage. The cerbo uses resistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
jhg65 avatar image jhg65 itsme commented ·
Understood, that a direct connection from the Votronic sensors to the Cerbo will not work.

Will use a GX Tank 140 in the "middle".
Thanks for highlighting once more.

0 Likes 0 ·