question

sictc avatar image
sictc asked

PPP40 Crashes

PPP40 with BT dongle keeps crashing. It read temperature of -150 Celcius, then +50 C, then the high and low power alternate in on/off in the app and in real life both are on while unit is in standby. Unit has been in hybernation for 3 months until today when I wanted to use it for powering a satphone charger. Just a few seconds ago anothet message popped up. "Short circuit". But nothing is connected but the BT dongle.

What is the waranty on a PPP40? Is it 2 years because it is a battery or 5 years because it is more than a battery? Also the shop I purchased doesnt believe they can do anything because the product is 2 years old. But Victron only deals with dealers, how will I get waranty if I am still entitled?

I can do electronic repairs but would hate to void existing waranty.

Many thanks

Peak Power Pack
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Sictc, the way to go forward is, find your closed dealer via the victron website. A dealer is able to record a RMA at Victron.. this should get the ball rolling.

Regards, Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Peak Power Pack Product Page.

Peak Power Pack Manual PDF.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic