question

ksytsi avatar image
ksytsi asked

Cannot post a question using emoji

EDIT: the reason is a bug/'feature' with non-ascii smiley characters :-(

This has now happened thrice in a row. Ipad, both Safari & Chrome; question ca. 2000 characters long, new verified user.

What is the problem?

"An Internal error has occurred and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

We are doing our best to fix the problem as soon as possible."

victron community
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ksytsi avatar image ksytsi commented ·

So this one went through.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
ksytsi avatar image
ksytsi answered ·

So this one went through...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/57582/cerbo-gx-can-all-features-of-mppt-battery-monitor.html

@Ksytsi

I see you managed to post a question. Is the one linked the one you are referring to?

1 comment
2 |3000

ksytsi avatar image ksytsi commented ·

Yes, that was the one. Problem was non-ascii smileys. I removed those, so then it went through fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Ksytsi,

Thanks for reporting, I will make a ticket to at least improve the error message if emojis are not supported.

5 comments
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

I assume this would go without saying, but this is a serious matter and should go to the top of the priority list. We have a lot of passionate emotion in the course of our relationships with Victron, and we need an outlet for them.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

I hear you. I'll use all the capital I can muster, and schedule a meeting with the CEO, bypassing all the normal procedures.

The community must emote!

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Also, where is the "Like!" button?

(You can read this as a "Like!" having been applied to your prior comment (pledge)).

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

I didn't like it.

0 Likes 0 ·
fuzzflyer avatar image fuzzflyer Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Guy. This is the only way I seem to be able to ask anything, two days trying! I click the pen link but nothing happens?

My issue is my mppt solar charger loads to 80% then says waiting for password, I've entered 000000 probably 50 times!

Sorry but I get lost with the help section for removing the password. And I have read similar questions and answers here! My system worked fine for 6 months!

Android tablet to 20 amp mppt solar charger

Will I be notified if answered? As I'm unsure if I can find this again!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Trina avatar image
Trina answered ·

;)

Hmmm.

Very important stuff here. All my normal 'moji's are suddenly very absent. And I see everyone else has been too surprised to even know exactly how to respond to this dilemma without knowing quite how others feel from their lack of emoji as well.

Very disturbing.

:! :L

2 comments
2 |3000

I think the ascii emoji better reflect Victron's roots as an old school technology company :o

0 Likes 0 ·
Trina avatar image Trina Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I like that!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic