question

kkiksu avatar image
kkiksu asked

Easysolar-II GX state of battery charge does not show

Hi,

I have freshly installed ES-II 48/3000/35-32 230V MPPT 250/70 GX. The devices LCD panel or mobile app nor the Venus IP ”settings page” does not show the state of battery charge at all. What could be the problem and what should I do? How do I know if the system is charging the batteries at all?

I have seen pictures Where the GX lcd panel displays the state of battery charge but in our device that view is totally missing.

See pic

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kkiksu avatar image
kkiksu answered ·

Does anyone have any idea about this? It is really frustrating not to know the Level of battery charge. I’ve tried to solve the problem, red the manuals, Google etc. but nothing comed to my mind.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

glenn avatar image glenn commented ·

Hi, did you look at this page that Matthias linked as it has a video that describes how to change the settings in the VE config file. I have just solved the same problem by following this link https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure but having said that i think a separate BMV might be better like JohnC suggested. Let me know how you go.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @kkiksu

Can you check the firmware loaded to each of the components. GX, mppt and particularly the Multi itself.

3 comments
2 |3000

kkiksu avatar image kkiksu commented ·

You mean the firmware versions? I updated the firmwares firstly after installation. Do I need a separate module to see the charge level?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ kkiksu commented ·

No separate module is needed, but the Multi's firmware needs to be up to it. Like a later 4xx version. The 1xx series won't show SOC (from the Multi).

And if you really rely on SOC, a BMV or Smartshunt will give a better result.

The source of SOC is also selectable within the GX, so check that. The 'Automatic' setting would normally suffice.

0 Likes 0 ·
kkiksu avatar image kkiksu JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thank you for your help. Firmware is 470. I also tried to change the source to multiplus but still not showing :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @kkiksu,

Have you enabled the battery monitor?

If not, you need to enable it in the General settings in VE.Configure.

6 comments
2 |3000

kkiksu avatar image kkiksu commented ·

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Am I able to do that from the menu in the attached picture. This is an off grid system without Wi-Fi access. I only have Bluetooth and access to devices network. Shouldnt the battery monitor be enabled as default?

0 Likes 0 ·
jacobjned avatar image jacobjned commented ·

@kkiksu If I am not wrong, by default (out of the box) the Internal Battery monitor of the Inverter Charger will not be enabled. It very much depends on what is the size of the Battery bank and type of Battery being used. From my previous experiences, if there is no Victron BMV700 nor a Battery with a in-built BMS, and you have NOT enabled the Inverter's Battery Monitor, the screen would appear like that.

0 Likes 0 ·
kkiksu avatar image kkiksu jacobjned commented ·

Okay, our batteries are 2x8 marathon XL6V180 (48v/360Ah/10h/1,8V). They dont have built in BMS. I’m just wondering why the instructions states that i should See the soc, power and voltage from the LCD screen like in the attached picture.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ kkiksu commented ·

It can show you the SOC but you have to enable the battery monitor of the Multi (inside the Easy) using VE.config and than you have the option to select a battery monitor in the GX menu (settings -> system setup -> battery monitor)

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

0 Likes 0 ·
veconfig-bmv.png (73.2 KiB)
kkiksu avatar image kkiksu Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Okay, now im starting to understand. Just to make sure do i need something more than A bluetooth or Wi-Fi to access ve.config?

0 Likes 0 ·

It is possible to do it with just wifi and an internet connection using Remote VE.Configure.

There is more information about the specific details here - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

0 Likes 0 ·