question

miami337 avatar image
miami337 asked

Can I add both a 110v Multi and 220v Quattro to my Cerbo GX?

I'm installing my Cerbo GX now, and when I connect just my 110v Multi or my 220v Quatro individually, it works fine. The moment I connect both at once, both units shut down and won't reboot until I have only one connected to the Cerbo GX. Is there settings like master/slave I need to set on the two inverters, or is this impossible altogether?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can connect one device directly for the other you need to use a MK3 USB Interface.

If you connect them together they expect they have to work together (multi-phase/parallel) but none of them have the programming for that.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danielw avatar image danielw commented ·

How do the 2 Multis/Quattros show up in the GX, if one of them is connected through a MK3 USB?

The one that's connected through VeBus, I expect being the main/primary one, that is shown on the overview, and can be switched there.

What happens to the second one? Will it be only listed in the device list?

How will power / current be shown on the overview, if both are used the same time? Let's say 1000W on each Multi... The battery will show ~2kW draw... what will the Multi show, and will the second Multi/Quattro only appear as DC power?

Thanks

Daniel

0 Likes 0 ·
banana avatar image banana danielw commented ·

I’m not sure how it determines primary, but only the primary shows up on the overviews and the rest show up in the device list.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ danielw commented ·

I think the one connected directly to the Cerbo is the "primary" that is shown in the overview.
The other can be fund in the device list and be controlled there like the "primary".

Not sure what happen with the power/current in the overview.
I think the current of the 2nd device will be counted just as "DC loads".

0 Likes 0 ·
miami337 avatar image miami337 commented ·

Hi Matthias - I tried your suggestion of using the MK3 USB Interface for the second inverter. The good news is the system doesn't shut down when I connect it, however the bad news is the second inverter (connected vis USB) does not show up on the Cerbo as a device anywhere. Is there a step I'm missing somewhere?

0 Likes 0 ·
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Hi,

The proper way to do this is to have two GX devices one for each inverter system.

You should when connected to the second inverter via the mk3 device, it will be listed in the main menu of venus os, along with the ve.bus connected inverter and any other battery monitors.

what you won't get is any consumption data or advanced features of the system related to connecting a multi to a gx device, but you should be able to view its status under the device list in VRM and see basic information.

A cheaper way could be a older rasberry pi with venus and a mk3 device as your second gx device.

1 comment
2 |3000

seamus avatar image seamus commented ·
But a second GX means a second Cerbo, or am I missing something?

I am also trying to monitor a 110vac Quattro and A Phoenix 220vac smart inverter, has anyone cracked this yet?

I guess I just hook up to the DC load bus and monitor the draw on the GX and not try to do anything too fancy........

0 Likes 0 ·