question

lsi avatar image
lsi asked

BMV 702 displaying 0 ah??

My BMV702 and connected colorcontrol are displaying 0 consumed amp hours while all other data seems correct.

In the history page of the color control (for the bmv702) I see a value of -12163,1 cumulative ah drawn.

In the VRM portal consumed amp hours stay at 0 when changing the period from the last 12 hours to the last 365 days.

What could be the cause?

BMV is showing all values except for ah and seem to calculate the remaining time correctly.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Trina avatar image
Trina answered ·

If everything else seems accurate, check that all loads drawn have their negative ground connected to the other side of the shunt opposite the lead from the battery (the shunt needs to be "between" the loads drawn from the battery on negative side).

That way the meter can monitor.

Try that?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lsi avatar image
lsi answered ·

Turned out to be a simple user mistake.

Ah is shown as 0 while on charger (multiplus or solar). I expected that Ah showed the drawn from the battery by equipment regardless the charge.

While off grid and at night (no solar charge) the next morning the value was 34 Ah.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic