question

bwickett avatar image
bwickett asked

How to prioritize solar over AC

I am in an RV, I have 6 BB lithium 100Ah batteries, 1800 watts of solar divided into three 600w arrays going to three Victron MPPT 50/100 controllers, a Victron Multi 12/3000/120-50, Cerbo GX and Victron Energy GX Touch. I have a split panel with my AC's not on the inverter, but the rest of the house is. When plugged into shore power I would like to have solar be my main source of power, followed by batts, then shore. When i ran a Magnum inverter it had a VDC setting that allowed. this. I can't figure out how to make this new system do what I am wanting. I have found several threads that talk about it, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for in simplistic terms. I don't know if I need a comms cable from computer to the multi, or if it can all be done a different way. I can't seem to find any controls using VRM, I can't find a way to do anything using the GX touch pad and the Cerbo is so new I can't find anything much on it. Can someone help out in very simplistic instructions. I am trying to learn all this as I go. Thanks, Brett

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

As far as I know you will need a mk.3 to USB cable to set a virtual switch in ve.configure.

virtual-switch-ignore-ac-lesson.pdf

That should allow you to set the multi to ignore AC input unless your batteries go below a set voltage or if power draw exceeds a setpoint.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

With the Cerbo GX and the VRM portal he/she can use the remote VE.config feature.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic