question

aleuli avatar image
aleuli asked

Multigrid and enphase

Hi,

I had an enphase IQ system configured with a no-export profile. Just added a multi and ESS assistant, programmed the enphase to generate without limits. Problem is when the scheduled charge kicks in at 10am. The multi does not limit the charge based on Panel generation. It just use all power configured on the ESS "Maximum charge power" settings.

Is there any way to use the surplus power from the panels only?

Cheers and thanks for any info that can be given.

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Aleuli

Yes: do not use scheduled charge, it will charge from grid.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aleuli avatar image aleuli commented ·

Thank you very much for your fast response.

I hope the "grid setpoint" ESS setting works also when the charging is enabled.

I still want to use the enphase system to limit power to the grid. It does this with current sensors on the AC input to the Multiplus-Multigrid.

Will try disabling the scheduled charge on the Victron, will configure the ESS "Grid setpoint" to 200-400W. I am hoping for this to work like:

The Enphase will throttle the grid inverters up until they reach the maximum or, home load = Solar generation, as usual. The Victron ESS charger will kick in as soon as power is bellow the grid setpoint(200-400W).

If PV is capable of supplying everything, AC input should stay near zero(Controlled by Enphase). If not, then the Multiplus charger will take up to "Grid setpoint" from the grid.

0 Likes 0 ·
aleuli avatar image
aleuli answered ·

Everything works now, problem was the scheduled charge. To make ESS compatible with Enphase "no export" profile, just set the "grid setpoint" above 100 so they don't fight each other, while the system is charging.

Thanks Victron for this beauty of a system and Mr. Boekel for the opportune advice.

2 |3000

mr-manuel avatar image
mr-manuel answered ·

If you additionally want to see the PV input in Venus OS using the data from your Envoy-S you can use this driver: https://github.com/mr-manuel/venus-os_dbus-enphase-envoy

2 |3000