question

Richard Williamson avatar image
Richard Williamson asked

Temp sensor cable length / extension ability

I wish to add some temp sensors to my Cerbo GX. I understand I need part ASS000001000 . I cannot see any details for length of included cable - does anyone have this to hand ? Is it possible to extend the cable by a couple of meters without altering the recorded temperature too much?

With thanks,

Dr Richard Williamson

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @DrW,

it's not a NTC type sensor. So yes, you can extend the temp sensor wire. I extended mine by 4m without problems.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Richard Williamson avatar image Richard Williamson commented ·

Thank you Stefanie. I've bought a sensor and will experiment.

Richard

0 Likes 0 ·
raphael avatar image
raphael answered ·

You can also set a temperature offset to calibrate your sensor. But you need superuser rights for your GX-Device:
https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/90493/view.html

2 |3000

robin-bockman avatar image
robin-bockman answered ·

Just so you know, you connect it to the shunt, not the meter, I thought about that too

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor