question

daleicious avatar image
daleicious asked

Phoenix Inverter fan

Hi folks.

I bought a Phoenix Inverter a few months ago and I’ve realised that the fan has never been running except for a brief second when I first installed it. The most I ever do is charge my laptop but it’s scorching hot in the Barge today. Does the fan kick in based on room temperature or how by how hard the inverter is working and is there a way to test the fan?

Cheers,

Dale

MPPT ControllersPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

You don't say which model? Plug in a vacuum cleaner or toaster & see?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The fan runs when convection cooling isn't sufficient. It depends on the load (either inverting or charging) and internal temperatures.

2 comments
2 |3000

joerg535 avatar image joerg535 commented ·

I found the same behaviour with my 48V kVA phoenix.

today I got a load of 2500W and yet no fan running..

the load was on for about 2 minutes..

shouldn't the fan really remain inactive?? screenshot-20230410-061244.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw joerg535 commented ·
Unless you can obtain e.g. a thermal image or just temp measurement with some other means, it will be hard to come to a factual conclusion, given it is the internal system temperature that will trigger the fan. If you are comfortable, you can disconnect it, open and visually inspect it
0 Likes 0 ·
peterpan1 avatar image
peterpan1 answered ·

I am having the same question (Phoenix 12|375). For me it did not even spin the fan upon the installation. It would be nice to have the fan spin very briefly when turning it on to be able to tell whether it is functional at all.

2 |3000