question

ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus asked

Quattro Overload Fault Issue

Evening all

I have a 48V 8KVA Quattro which all of a sudden presented a fault this evening, this happened after mains failed, but because it happened after hours the generator was set not to start (via a Venus)

Because it was the first time I have seen this I went out to site and inspected everything. I couldn't see any fault and then tried to reset the unit using Remote Console. Nothing changed. I then used the switch on the inverter, swithing it off and then back on (waiting only about 5 seconds). The inverter then turned on with no problem.

After checking other posts, is see I am not the only one struggling with this, but there has been no recent posts regarding this.

I have checked and the Quattro is running firmware V430, which I find odd as if I read correctly V475 is available and the unit is only 5 months old.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and more importantly been able to solve it?

Are the issues mentioned in other posts (faulty ribbon cables) still valid?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @EwaldErasmus

as always when there are problems: first update firmware to most recent.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Thank you I will update the firmware, however is it a known issue? I would like to just know if it is expected to solve my problem?

Also my generator didn't start in this situation. Would changing the start conditions to include overload stop that? And if so would it awutomatically clear the fault?

Regards Ewald

0 Likes 0 ·
1594547165504.png (32.4 KiB)
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ewalderasmus commented ·

Hi @EwaldErasmus

I don't know, but the first rule for support is to use latest firmware, to prevent running after issues that might already have been solved in newer firmware versions.

0 Likes 0 ·
ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I have updated the firmware and will wait and see if the problem arises again.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources