question

heinz0005 avatar image
heinz0005 asked

7 inch touchscreen with 1024x600 on Cerbo, how do I set a different resolution on a GX device?

I have tried to connect a 7 inch 1024 x 600 touch screen on my cerbo gx it works but it seems that the resolution from the cerbo is much higher than 800 x 480 as I expected. I can only see 3/4 of the displayed area . Is there any possibility to change the resolution on the cerbo gx or is there a reset pin to go to the default resolution

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @Heinz0005,

I have moved this to modifications.

There was a previous answer here that goes into the changes that can be made to modify the resolution in VenusOS.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

heinz0005 avatar image heinz0005 commented ยท

How can I do this on Cerbo gx .How can I come to the root on Cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ยท
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) โ™ฆโ™ฆ heinz0005 commented ยท

The easy and supported 'working out of the box' solution is the GX touch 50.

Generally speaking, customised modifications to Victron equipment for additional hardware is not prevented, but does require users to take the time to do research, and a commitment to not pursue support from their supplier until everything is returned to factory defaults.

There is some more information here about how to access the deeper levels of the software here i.e root access. Please heed the warnings, continue at your own risk and have fun :)

0 Likes 0 ยท