question

markblox avatar image
markblox asked

DVCC Maximum charge current problem

My system: 12V Victron smart lithium 200AH, MPPT 150/60, MP 12V/3000/120, CCGX, BMV702

This is on a mobile unit and therefore is NOT on ESS

I have used VE configure to increase the charger to 60A on the MP and when using the limit charge current under the DVCC settings on the CCGX, it doesn't seem to recognise the MP charger at all. For instance, I can set the limit current to 3A and although it will reduce the MPPT to about 40W and works fine in that regard, when I increase the setting to 80A I only get the max that the PV is producing and no input whatsoever from the charger on the MT. I assume that both the MPPT and MT should provide current to the battery in that scenario with priority for the MPPT. This is not happening.

I suspect the charger may have stopped working as it only seems to be working on ‘Passthrough’

DVCCcharge current limit
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Thirst thing I would check is neutral / live error on the AC input.

0 Likes 0 ·
markblox avatar image markblox commented ·

Thanks Boekel, just checked and the polarity is correct.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ markblox commented ·

Multi will also go into passthrough if BMS is not seen.

But I'd ask your dealer / installer to check what's going on, as you don't want to make errors and damage components.

could be anything, watching the remote console (or CCGX) in multi gives you some insight. VE-configure gives more insight, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Make sure that in the MP that the remote control is turned on for the current limit. otherwise the change in the CCGX will not make any changes

its a smail tick box

this is done in the ve configure

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markblox avatar image markblox commented ·

On VE Configure, under the 'General Tab' the AC input is set to 16A and next to that is a 'Overruled by Remote' checkbox which is ticked and under that is a 'Dynamic Current Limiter' checkbox which isn't ticked. This is for generators anyway.

Under the 'Charger Tab' the 'Enable Charger' tick box is ticked.

Thanks very much for your answer but I don't think it can be the solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
markblox avatar image
markblox answered ·

On VE Configure, under the 'General Tab' the AC input is set to 16A and next to that is a 'Overruled by Remote' checkbox which is ticked and under that is a 'Dynamic Current Limiter' checkbox which isn'tticked. This is for generators anyway.

Under the 'Charger Tab' the 'Enable Charger' tick box is ticked.

Thanks very much for your answer but I don't think it can be the solution.

2 |3000

markblox avatar image
markblox answered ·

Problem solved, I contacted my dealer and it turned out to be a detail in an assistant that I had changed!

1 comment
2 |3000

nbezanson avatar image nbezanson commented ·

Just for future reference, can you share what detail was the culrpit?

0 Likes 0 ·
markblox avatar image
markblox answered ·

Problem not solved, although the MP charger is now working, it is dominating the PV charger and not controlled by the DVCC current input limit.

2 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

It might help if you post screenshots of all the setting pages in VE-Configure, and also of the assistants.

0 Likes 0 ·
markblox avatar image markblox boekel ♦ commented ·

My dealer has now got Victron involved so I think once the problem is solved I will update here with the solution.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

DVCC chapter in GX manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic