question

kev-rm avatar image
kev-rm asked

Victron Connect constantly reconnects to SmartSolar MPPT 100/50

I am using the latest Android app (June 19th) and firmware (1.50). When the app is connected on the "home screen", it will reconnect constantly, every 15-20 seconds, and it *always* reconnects if the app was in the background, or the screen locks - which is super annoying.

VictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

As long as the display is on and the app is on the screen it shouldn't reconnect, I never had this problem.

But if the app is in background or the display locks the app disconnects and have to reconnect.
I think this is because of energy saving and the used "Bluetooth low energy".

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

While in the "home screen" of the MPPT, it should not reconnect every 15-20 seconds. Can you give an indication of how far away you are from the MPPT? Does this also happen when you are as close as possible?

Can you perhaps make a service report and post that here?
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#how_to_create_a_victronconnect_service_report

2 |3000

dutchhhk avatar image
dutchhhk answered ·

I have an SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 and I am using the VictronConnect-App V5.91 and when selecting my device on the app, it starts with connecting and gathering data, and reconnect to the device and collect data.

While reconnecting it shows that the default PIN is 000000. Not clear to me whether it is using this 000000 as PIN code.

I've reset the PIN and then it seemed that I could connect to change the PIN-code. But no data got downloaded, ending up in the described loop again.

The distance of my phone started at 1 meter, but after several tries it decreased up to 5cm.

I then also noticed that none of the three lights on the smartsolar was lit nor blinking. The weather was cloudy.

I tried to re-install the app several times, including the BT connection. I also tried an clean install on an Samsung tablet.

Why can't my android phone, nor my android tablet gather data from the Smart Solar MPPT?

2 |3000