question

andre-pg avatar image
andre-pg asked

Connect Victron Quattro & MultiPlus to the same CCGX.

Good morning Guys.

I have installed and connected to CCGX the following equipment:

1- BMV;

2- MPPT 150|60;

3- Quattro|8000|200 (230V 50 Hz);

Until here everthing works fine as expected on CCGX.

The issue here is when I try to connect the fourth equipment to the CCGX, an MultiPlus 24|3000|70 (120V 60Hz). And the following message is popping up on the screen on CCGX "#10 System time sync error".

Both equipments are updated to HUB4.

About the system that I want is:

- Just want to have two different voltages on my system;

- And see the info about power;

Does anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

André P.G.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

To connect another VE.Bus system you will need a MK3 Interface.
Than you connect the MK3 Interface via USB to your CCGX an the Multi via VE.Bus to the MK3 Interface.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

This is also described in the manual, with the limitations of it:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#connecting_victron_products

Connecting multiple VE.Bus systems to a single CCGX

Only one VE.Bus system can be connected to the VE.Bus ports on the back of the CCGX. The professional way to to monitor more systems is to add a second CCGX.

If you do require to connect more than one system to the same CCGX, use an MK3-USB. Functionality will be limited:

• Only the system connected to the built-in VE.Bus ports is used to generate the data on the Overview pages.

• All connected systems will be visible on the Device-list

• All connected systems will be taken into account for Energy consumption and distribution calculations (kWh graphs on VRM)

• Only the system connected to the built-in VE.Bus ports is used for the Generator start/stop logic

• The CCGX will not send proper data to VRM any more. The Venus GX does send information of both systems to VRM: its therefor better to use a Venus GX for systems like this.

• In case of an ESS system, only the system connected to the built-in VE.Bus ports is used in the ESS mechanisms. The other one is displayed in the device list only.

0 Likes 0 ·
andre-pg avatar image
andre-pg answered ·

Thank you Matthias.

I have to order the MK3 interface. After that I wil give feedback about my system.

And thank you again for the quick answer. I appreciate it :)

Have a nice weekend,

André P.G.

2 |3000

andre-pg avatar image
andre-pg answered ·

Finally I could connect all the modules together. Due to the pandemic the assembly was delayed for a few months.

I got the MK3 Interface via USB to my CCGX. I took 2 pictures on how it will look like after the connection is made.

The PLC is now communicating through Modbus TCP and can collect all data from each Victron Energy equipment through CCGX. Which was my main target to get all the info.

Thank you again for your support! Perfectly 100% Solved.

20210105-090036.jpg20210105-081235.jpg

2 |3000