question

Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image

Quattro Inverter in Passthru

Hi There,

I have a Victron Quattro system that goes into "passthru" and then stays there for extended periods of time. I have noticed that this is somehow related to communication with the ET112 single phase grid meter which is connected to a color control gx.

Enabling and disabling the energy meter as well as restarting the color control solves the issue consistently.

Below is a list of components with the current firmware versions

Color Control GX - v2.54

5kVA Quattro - 2657430

Freedomwon Battery Monitor - v6.8

250/70 MPPT - v1.50

3.6kVA Fronius Inverter - 3.13.2-2

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Best Regards

Riaan

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Firmware version update on the color control solved the passthru issue.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Just wondering why everything works after restarting cgx. If it was a cabling problem, probably it would stop working completely. Could it be that the energy meter stop communicating. I did see this once before, but that time the meter would not communicate at all. Is there a way to test the cable and the meter? Or is the only way to change them out and hope for the best?

2 comments Share

Hi @Riaan Barkhuizen

What is the site id?

easiest way is often indeed to swap cables etc.

Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image Riaan Barkhuizen Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ·

Site ID = 64cfd9e3fec2

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Riaan Barkhuizen

As you've noticed, a communication error between the grid-meter and GX device can cause this, as also mentioned in the manual (Q4 of the faq):

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual#faq

so start with the grid meter / cabling / etc.