question

Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image
Riaan Barkhuizen asked

Quattro Inverter in Passthru

Hi There,

I have a Victron Quattro system that goes into "passthru" and then stays there for extended periods of time. I have noticed that this is somehow related to communication with the ET112 single phase grid meter which is connected to a color control gx.

Enabling and disabling the energy meter as well as restarting the color control solves the issue consistently.

Below is a list of components with the current firmware versions

Color Control GX - v2.54

5kVA Quattro - 2657430

Freedomwon Battery Monitor - v6.8

250/70 MPPT - v1.50

3.6kVA Fronius Inverter - 3.13.2-2

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Best Regards

Riaan

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image Riaan Barkhuizen commented ·

Last 7 days.

0 Likes 0 ·
1593865738448.png (11.9 KiB)
4 Answers
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Firmware version update on the color control solved the passthru issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Riaan Barkhuizen

As you've noticed, a communication error between the grid-meter and GX device can cause this, as also mentioned in the manual (Q4 of the faq):

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual#faq

so start with the grid meter / cabling / etc.

2 |3000

Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Just wondering why everything works after restarting cgx. If it was a cabling problem, probably it would stop working completely. Could it be that the energy meter stop communicating. I did see this once before, but that time the meter would not communicate at all. Is there a way to test the cable and the meter? Or is the only way to change them out and hope for the best?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Riaan Barkhuizen

What is the site id?

easiest way is often indeed to swap cables etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image Riaan Barkhuizen Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Site ID = 64cfd9e3fec2

0 Likes 0 ·
freddyuk avatar image
freddyuk answered ·

Same problem here now. After posting the solution for my Passthru issue I now have this happening every morning! It is very clear that the pretty lights in the USB connector from the grid meter are green and red. When this issue occurs mine is green but no red. Is this significant?

2 |3000