question

carel-landman avatar image
carel-landman asked

Trickle Charger Information

Where can I find the technical information regarding the built-in trickle charger of the MultiPlus/Quattro?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Carel Landman

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Quattro-3kVA-15kVA-EN.pdf

In the charger section on page 2, you will see that only the 12v and 24v systems offer a 4A charger for the starter battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carel-landman avatar image carel-landman commented ·

Thank you very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

From what I have found out previously when this question has been asked is that the trickle/start charge follows the charge profile of the main charge with a slight voltage reduction (0.4-0.6v) and a 4A current limit.

I believe it goes into float when the main charger does and effectively just works the same as having a diode and current regulator off the main batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

carel-landman avatar image carel-landman commented ·

Thank you very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

Here is the best answer I have seen previously with input from the Victron staff.

2 |3000