question

Kaj-Ove Christensen avatar image
Kaj-Ove Christensen asked

Does the trickle charge connection on a MultiPlus offer multistage charging?

Dos trickle/starter battery connection on multiplus compact have 4stage charge mode

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Kaj-Ove Christensen,

the second output is only constant voltage output at 4/5A (depending on our model). No specific charging profile.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Kaj-Ove Christensen

The second output follows the main battery: it is connected internally with a diode and a current limiting device. so only use it when the secondary battery can accept the same charge voltage as the main battery.

2 |3000

Kaj-Ove Christensen avatar image
Kaj-Ove Christensen answered ·

Bulk adsorption float storaged

2 comments
2 |3000

Kaj-Ove Christensen avatar image Kaj-Ove Christensen commented ·

Can i specify this voltage

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Kaj-Ove Christensen commented ·

No, that's not possible.
I have a 12/1600 Compact myself, using the trickle charge output for my starter battery. As far as I remember the voltage was roughl 13.7V, kind of float voltage. There is nothing you can adjust.

0 Likes 0 ·