question

Scott Simpson avatar image

Three phase from one phase via Quattro's.

Hi If I configure 3X15KVA Quattro's to provide 3 phase output, could I use a single phase AC in to convert a single phase supply to a three phase supply?(As long as a I turn off act as group on the veBus config) If so would they convert the 100 amp 230 Volt supply on the AC in to (roughly) a 33 Amp 400 Volt Supply on the AC out.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
3 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

What are the limitations on this? For instance could I convert single phase AC to three phase AC without a battery connected to the system?

Hi @Scott Simpson

No that is not possible, you need a battery.

Scott Simpson avatar image Scott Simpson Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ·

I see. So if I was using three 48/15000/200 Quatrro’s, I could perhaps get 8-8.5 KVA three phase out put. If the one Quattro with The 230V input was charging the Battery (200X50 -losses) As a aside how would this affect the cycling of the battery, If there was a near constant input and output of 10/8 KVA?

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image

Hi @Scott Simpson

Yes this is possible, as long as you don't want to use ESS (with a grid code selected it is not possible)

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daryl avatar image

Wouldn't you need a 4th one to convert the 230V into 48V to push into the Quattros?

1 comment Share

Could one pass through 240v and charge the batteries which would then supply the other two units. Or is individual charging not possible when using units in three phase configuration?