question

leoncm avatar image
leoncm asked

BlueSolar DUO - how to reset?

hi there

i have inherited a solar setup with a BlueSolar DUO Charger 12V | 24V | 20A

the manual states that the user should reset the controller BUT does not give any instruction as to HOW one should reset. can anyone help please?

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BlueSolar-DUO-Charger-12V-24V-20A-EN_FR.pdf

"4. TROUBLESHOOTING

5. LED OFF: no battery or over voltage.

1. Check wires

2. Reduce Amps if needed

3. Reset controller"

thanks!

BlueSolar PWM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi @leoncm

A complete power-down should suffice, on both the battery and solar sides. Leave it for a while, and reconnect it battery first.

Make sure too that your batt connections are solid. No alligator clamps or otherwise doubtful joins on the batt side.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leoncm avatar image
leoncm answered ยท

thanks for the reply John!

so just to be clear, when you say a power down, i assume you mean physically disconnecting the connections at the charge controller? point taken to disconnect the solar first and then the battery and then reconnect the battery first. does it matter if the sun is on the solar panels when i do this? and ... which terminal should i disconnect first? pos or neg?

cheers!

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

@leoncm

Yeh, I meant physically disconnecting them, unless of course you have physical switches. It's likely enough to just isolate the positive wires and leave the negatives connected.

It won't matter if sun is on the panels (you have low V). And if you have a handy multimeter, an opportunity to check panel polarity (with the -ve disconnected in that case).

0 Likes 0 ยท
leoncm avatar image leoncm JohnC โ™ฆ commented ยท

OK, thanks a lot John!

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic