question

djibi avatar image
djibi asked

Can I use VICTRON PWM Charge Controllers In Parallel?

Hello everybody, Can I use victron all PWM charge controller in Paralell?

BlueSolar PWM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Yes, you can have several charge controllers connected in parallel to the battery.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djibi avatar image djibi commented ·

Even if is PWM charge controller?

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ djibi commented ·

I can not see a reason against it. What are you concerned of?

0 Likes 0 ·
djibi avatar image djibi markus ♦♦ commented ·

my concern is that :

1) if the two PWM doesn't give the same current, something will happen or not during charging the same battery ?

2) I want to be sure if the two regulator will manage to charge the same battery cause tension can be different. Exemple during float how the current will be limit.

Sorry for my bad english I am a friend native

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ djibi commented ·

1.) both chargers will provide the maximum output they are able to provide, when the load is accordingly big enough. When there is little load drawn, it is basically like the charger providing the higher Voltage, will take the load.

2.) it is making everything a little bit more complicated having 2 chargers, and if you can avoid it, you should. You are in better control of the charging voltage with just 1 charger. But if you can't avoid it for some reason, it would work, but you have to set up both chargers with reasonable values.

I can understand you perfectly. ;o)

0 Likes 0 ·
djibi avatar image djibi markus ♦♦ commented ·

I am glad for your answer

I get it perfectly now

Thanks again

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic