question

dino avatar image
dino asked

AGM Super Cycle and BMV712 settings

Hi,

I recently fitted 2 x 170ah Victron AGM Super Cycle domestic batteries. They are charged thru shore power on a new Victron IP43 50A 3 outlet charger and I also fitted a BMV-712 to monitor it all.
can anyone recommend settings for this setup on the BMV712?
With the BMV running it will not let me access the charger via Bluetooth to check charging rates and other settings. Is there any way to overcome this?
do I need to adjust my charge settings for these batteries?

any advice appreciated

BMV Battery MonitorAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dino avatar image
dino answered ·

Can any Victron staff suggest setting please?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Dino, appropriate settings will always be determined by the battery and the documentation that came with it/them. Fortunately the default settings in the BMV are appropriate for your batteries; you just need to correctly program your Ah capacity and you can leave everything else alone unless you'd like to perform advanced configuration of alarms or other factors, all of which information is best found in the user manual.

With re to your charger settings, those should be set in accordance with the SuperCycle Datasheet to ensure you are within the acceptable voltage and current ratings.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic