question

arty avatar image
arty asked

Inverter Quattro 15Kv issue connecting with Zordan LMDE 150 PM0 150 KVA generator

f8369b0177f1_inst_ttyO1_Interfaces_Mk2_Tunnel.zipHi all

I manage a large solar power system running in a hospital in Africa. I wanted to connect a 150 KV Zordan generator to this system provided by 3 inverters quattro 15KV.

The generator is only a year and a half old and has recently been revised. The current and frequency are stable, but the inverters are unable to synchronize it (drop down every few seconds).

Anyone have a suggestion?

I have already tried many of the recommendations found in this forum unfortunately without success.

Attached Inverter config file

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Arty

Can you measure the frequency generated by the generator?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arty avatar image
arty answered ·

Hi Daniël, many thanks for the quick answer!

the generator display is showing around 52,4 Hz without load then it drops to 49.5 Hz with load, seems to be quite stable…

But I ask to do some measurements directly on the phases using an instrument to check if display showing correct and come back to you soon ...

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Arty

That is a -very- unstable frequency, and probably the reason the inverters cannot accept it.

I'd ask the company that revised the generator to fix the generator so it produces a much more stable frequency.

0 Likes 0 ·
arty avatar image arty Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Daniël,

finally, I could bring working the generator, however I put the input current limit at 40 Amps and a put a check marks to dynamic current limiter.

My question is the following since the generator is able to produce over 120 Amp, can I increase the current limit at least to 75 Amps and keep the check marks to dynamic current limiter ?

Thnaks a lot

0 Likes 0 ·

You could try that.

0 Likes 0 ·
arty avatar image arty Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Daniël ,

I have additional information I have tried to increase input current limit eg to 45 or 50 amps but inverters number one toggles between Bulk status and release the generator input all the time, inverters 2 and 3 working properly... with input of 40 amps works fine unfortunately the power is not enough during the evening period to charge batteries and keep the load

May, do you have any suggestion?

Thanks a lot again

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Arty

Did you read MVader's comment? with this link:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

further: as I explained earlier, the generator shouldn't be changing RPM / frequency this much, this means the company that revised the generator did not deliver a well working generator.

If you cannot get the system to accept generator input (with the help of above document), please have them fix the generator.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi both; fyi, our document about this topic:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

2 |3000

arty avatar image
arty answered ·

HI all , just to inform you that issues has been fix. Geretaor has been conlitely revised and now works fine . Thanks for your help.

2 |3000